Quotes

"I think the whole point is to make her believe that she's perfect,the most beautiful"- Rob

"No matter what people say about our relationship,he's my best friend"- Kristen

Aug 12, 2010

Twilightish Exclusive!!! Lee MacDougall Answers Readers


As you know, Twilightish has been working to get Lee to answer some of their readers' questions so here goes!
 
Now here are your questions and Lee's answers!


How did the song come about both lyrically and musically??

Well it's a song inspired by a true story of a guy obsessed with a girl. She knows he's obsessed with her, but rather than put him out of his misery, she leads him on for kicks. He kinda knows he's being played, but he just can't help himself because being with her feels so good. He knows in his soul that she is the girl for him, and he wants her so bad it makes him sick..



From Nuria, Liz and many others:



Who wrote Falling In Love?

Me!

From Yvonne:



who is laughing in the end of "falling in love for the last time" itunes Version?

That's my friend Rob. He's doing the backing vocals too..



From Susan:



I purchased your EP album off of iTunes and love it. It has such an up beat sound. Are you releasing any more albums anytime soon? Do you write most of your own music? What venues do you play? Any in the US?

Thanks Sue, glad you like the EP. It's actually a little collection of demo's released primarily because I haven't recorded my first album yet and I've been inundated by fans wanting to know how they can get hold of my music. I just really wanted to get something out there that people could listen to. I think I'll probably release another EP before the end of the year but I'm hoping that my next release will be my first album proper. I do write all my own music, although I have co-written the odd song here and there. I've never played in the US. Would LOVE to!


From Josanne:


- Who are your music inspirations?

So many. But in a nutshell, The Beatles, Rod Stewart, The Kinks, Nirvana, Oasis... these days I love Paolo Nutini and stuff like The Kooks... and I'm also inspired by people and their success stories. There are a lot of acts that are pretty inspirational through the struggles they've had to overcome to get where they are. A friend of mine called Rumer recently signed to Atlantic Records and flew out to LA just to sing for Burt Bacharach, and she had just been playing in bars for 10 years. In fact I did a gig with her about 18 months ago to about 20 people. So that sort of stuff inspires me..

- Which music artists would you like to collaborate with? (They can be dead or alive) And why?

I never really think "Oh I'd love to work with him, or her", but it would be amazing to sing a song with Rod Stewart, or to have had the chance to sit down and write a song with John Lennon. It would be cool to work with Paolo Nutini, I think he's the best young singer around at the minute.

Do you have a cd available? If not, when is your cd coming out? I want to purchase your music.


The CD will be out when I actually sign my deal! Which will hopefully be very soon. For now I have my debut EP available on iTunes.

- How does your music writing process start? Does it start with lyrics or melody?

It can be either. Sometimes I'll have a title, and then I'll wait for the right melody to come along. Usually though I think I tend to get the melodies first. They carry slightly more importance to me. It has to be a great tune first and foremost.

- What is your reaction to people that believe that Robert Pattinson composed/wrote the song ''Falling in love for the last time"?

It's a great romantic story, and I'm all for great romantic stories. I've heard people are saying that to some of their fans, it has become a sort of Rob & Kristen theme tune. I love that! They are two incredibly talented people who to their fans seem to symbolize a sort of modern day Romeo & Juliet or something. Fans want to believe in their heroes. I know because I've been there. I can kinda see how it started, I was hanging out with Rob a lot at the time and I did write my song "How To Be" for him. Though to be honest I don't really mind what people say as long as they're enjoying my music and judging by the amazing response it's had so far that seems to be the case.

- Are you surprised that the music business is dominated by non acoustic music? Would you like to see a difference in this?

I wouldn't say I'm surprised. It's just the way the world is. It's constantly evolving. And now that computers seem to be the centre of everyone's universe these days, it makes sense that music should follow suit and become more electronic. I can't say I'm a great fan of it though. The idea of good music to me is someone sitting down with an acoustic guitar and singing you a song and it blowing you away. I'm not sure how many people can do that these days. Maybe three? Four if you're still counting Paul McCartney.

- I live in Holland and want you to come here. I am tired of hearing your live performances solely on YouTube. Would you like to visit us in Holland (Rotterdam)?

I'd love to come to Holland! I've never been. Would you put me up for a night?

- I have been on your MySpace page and have noticed that a lot of your music is about women and love. Why do you think the combination of music and women inspire songs?

Music is basically an expression of emotion and feeling, and there is no more powerful a feeling than love. I could write songs about how it's raining again or I'm broke, but at the end of the day the one thing most likely to be on your mind when you go to bed at night (if you're a guy anyway!) is a woman.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your music. I am starting to like your music better then Ray LaMontagne. And believe me that is saying something. I wish you success in your future music endeavors.
Jo, from Aruba who lives in Holland.

From John:


Does Lee have plans to sell physcial CD's in places like Amazon.com?

That is definitely part of the masterplan John ;-)

And now, mine...
I know you answered me about Duran Duran so I'll ask the why about your other influences. Are you planning a tour in America anytime soon? Anywhere else than iTunes to buy your music (because believe me, I love it!)?

Regarding my influences, it's all in the songs really. I've never liked a band just because the singer was cool. You have to have great songs to back it up with. I respect anybody that knows how to write a great song, and they usually inspire me to try and write one better.

I would love to come and tour the states, it's always been my dream. But I need to build some more support and exposure out there first. Thanks to everyone who has been spreading the word and helping raise awareness of my music out there so far.

At the moment iTunes is the only place you can buy my music, but I'm hoping it will spread and that will all change soon!


Hope you enjoyed and don't forget you can follow Lee on MySpace, on Facebook and on Twitter!!!

Here's a link to buy his EP on iTunes.



Thank you Twilightish
 
 
Lavy

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think??