Quotes

"I think the whole point is to make her believe that she's perfect,the most beautiful"- Rob

"No matter what people say about our relationship,he's my best friend"- Kristen

Jul 30, 2010

Floria Sigismondi Talks 'The Runaways'



With the strange and surreal aesthetic that informed much of Canadian director Floria Sigismondi's name-making early music video work (think Marilyn Manson's "Beautiful People," or David Bowie's "Little Wonder"), it might seem a stretch for her feature directorial debut to be a biopic. The Runaways, released last week on DVD, is the story of the quick formation and dissolution of the '70s all-girl rock band, and in a recent interview with Exclaim!, Sigismondi spoke about her decision to stray from her usual approach and keep it rooted in visual realism.


"My work doesn't necessarily stay in reality, I like to go and make it my own little world," Sigismondi says. "I took license a couple of times in the film to kind of maybe be a little more symbolic, or portray a feeling of loneliness, or like your world is falling apart, but for me, it was important to stay in that real world and tell the story without too many bells and whistles."



Read more here



Ankita :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think??