Quotes

"I think the whole point is to make her believe that she's perfect,the most beautiful"- Rob

"No matter what people say about our relationship,he's my best friend"- Kristen

Jul 24, 2011

E!online: Kristen Stewart Warns Her Snow White Castmates: "I Take Myself Very Seriously"

Photobucket

Comic-Con 2011 Tile
It looks as if Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart are going to make great mortal enemies.
After discussing what drew her to the titular heroine in Snow White and the Huntsman, Stewart then joked to her castmates, "I'm not good at stunts, actually. I don't know why I'm doing this...But you better not mess with me because I take myself very seriously."
"You're going to be fine," Theron, the Evil Queen herself, assured her. "I'm an Oscar winner, so we take work really seriously here. You'll be fine."
So are these two ready to go head-to-head?
You don't have to show me up," Stewart told her. Theron's reply? "I will call you Snow White all the time."
"I'll be calling Sam Snow White," offered hunky huntsman Chris Hemsworth, referring to the film's resident prince charming, Sam Claflin. Sounds like we know who will be providing the comic relief on those long shooting days.
 But joking aside, did we get any clues as to what the final product is supposed to look like?
"Our movie, I like to think, is on the scale of Lord of the Rings, in terms of size and scope and appetite—a tough, rough, active male-female picture," producer Joe Roth said. "I can't speak for the other movie, but from the images, it's a softer version," he said, referring to the other Snow White picture in the works starring Lily Collins and Julia Roberts.
"Everyone's read the story...It's part of who we are," said director Rupert Sanders, who's making his feature-film debut. It has "a very complex way of dealing with mortality. To play with those images, the mirror, the apple, shape-shifting...It was such a great opportunity for me to really do what I do best, creating large landscapes full of emotions."
Back to what attracted Stewart to her character: "She's got this amazing ability to channel fear, things that people are typically very afraid of, into this really focused, really charged, driving energy. She's also like the people's leader and...truly doesn't let her heart cloud her mind. [She] doesn't let her mind get in the way of doing things she feels strongly about. Also, I get to have a sword and stuff."
Looking ahead to working with Stewart, Theron said that, so far, the two hadn't spent much time together but she could tell that Twilight star was going to "give me a run for my money. And I'm ready for it, bitch, let's go," she joked.
Stewart was asked whether she saw any of herself in Snow White, and she had a pretty awesome answer:
"It's hard for me to play a person you don't see parts of yourself in," she began. "I'd like to be like her. Well, I'm the fairest in the land. And I have a seriously good heart, really, for people who don't know me."
"And you like apples, big red apples," Hemsworth popped in. "You had, like, seven on the plane."
As for the Evil Queen, Theron's got big plans for that role.
"It's important to me to really understand...where she came from and what drives her to get to where she is. It won't be the Evil Queen who [just]shows up evil. There's going to be a lot of circumstances that bleed into her action. I don't want to just be evil.
"And trust me, she's dark," Theron said. "She's a serial killer. I'm pretty much preparing to play a serial killer. I'm trying to ground it and make it something real. Watch out, Kristen."
Sounds like we have quite the matchup on our hands. Too bad we have to wait almost a year to see it play out on the big screen.



Lavi

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think??